Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Sunday, April 15, 2012

What's in a name?

Juliet:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

This quote came to me today as family members were discussing why they chose baby names for their children/future children. Where do names come from? Family names, biblical names, favorite actor/actress...

I have names picked out and they are the hope I cling to...  Only God knows our future and what will happen; God knows the children who will be placed in our home as their forever home. These children may not have been born in my womb, but they were definitely born into my heart. God has placed a special longing in my heart to be a mother to child. The most amazing thing is that God has a plan for that child and He is going to allow Lance and I to raise it in His ways.

By any other name the child will still be ours. Even if it's a name another family picked out, that child will still be ours. That child will still "smell as sweet" to our family, because the Lord gives his people a promise.

 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;"
Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment