Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Open the Eyes of my Heart

This week has been revival at our church. And let me just say I am being revived! I have not had this kind of encounter with my Lord in a long while. God is truly blessing me through the preacher and the music.

The first night the preacher spoke out of 1 Samuel. If you know this book, then you know this book starts off with how Hannah could not have children, and she prayed and prayed. Her husband favored her and he prayed and prayed. God did bless them with Samuel. In turn Hannah returned him to serve with Eli in the temple. Well, the preacher starts off giving this background and states "there is something in a woman that is never satisfied until she becomes a mother." OH, how I know this oh so well. I know my God has a plan for me (us), because it is promised in His word He left for us.

Tonight (being the 3rd night) the song "Open the Eyes of my Heart" was sung. This brought back memories of a precious 4 year old, blonde head, blue eyed girl who stole our hearts (& the hearts of many friends and family) last summer. Some nights I would rock her, because it is how she slept peacefully (and honestly whatever it takes is whatever it takes). This was one of the songs I would sing. I sung it as more of a prayer for me and for her. I wanted God to show me life through her eyes. I wanted God to let me see love through the eyes of my heart.

Our hearts will forever be changed by "Pretty in Pink- Boots".



Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

~ Becka 

No comments:

Post a Comment