Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Loving the God way

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up- 
Galatians 6:9


We often discuss that we know that without a shadow of doubt we will love the child(ren) who will come into our home through adoption. This is a fact. We have a special place in our heart for the child(ren) who will one day call us "Mom" and "Dad".

Then, the thought struck me... it's the same way with the relationship between God and me. He created me. He knew me before I was even in my mother's womb. He loved me, before I knew him. That's how we are as we journey the road of adoption/foster care. We already have the love for a child in our hearts. We know that no matter what we will love that child unconditionally, to the fullest.

God is that way. Even, before we accept Him as our Savior and Lord He LOVED us. And now, as followers of Christ, we can never love Him as much as He loves us. That's the beauty of being adopted by Christ into God's forever family, and us adopting a child as part of our forever family. Love. Unconditional. Predetermined. Love.

Please do not mistake me as a theologian (ha!), or someone who just said it all the "correct way". That's not what I meant to take away from this post. Through this journey, it becomes even more clear to me just how much God loved us that He chose to adopt us. He didn't have to give His only Son in place for us, but He did. God's love is the ultimate example of adoption. 


~ Becka

The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable- James 3:17

A funny truth a friend (who's on the same journey) sent me a few days ago... 

No comments:

Post a Comment