Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Friday, May 11, 2012

It takes a village...

I am a very lucky woman... I have several women in my life who have helped to raise and continue to influence me. First and foremost, I begin with my own mother, Momma a.k.a. Ma. God knew what He was doing when He brought me into her life as her first born child. (Yes, I am bragging about myself!) He gave her the opportunity to raise a girl into a young woman and He chose the BEST role model. She is the most kind hearted, loving, selfless, Christ loving woman I know.


"Momma and Me at my shower in Flowood"


" Momma fixing my hair for my wedding"


 "Memaw, Me, and Momma (Circa '96)"

Second, there was my Memaw (my mother's mother). I was so blessed to be called her granddaughter (and her only granddaughter for 21 years!). She gave everything she could for her children, her grandchildren, and even those she did not know. She set the bar high for all of her "girls". She even told my momma, in what happened to be the last year of her life, that I had become like one of her daughters. That is as close as you can get to your grandmother, in my eyes anyways. I spent many, many nights on the phone outside my dorm room at NSU planning for my future. Everytime we ended the phone call she would say "Well, I guess we have it figured out now". I could always call her and she was always there, unless of course she had "some interest in this movie" on Lifetime. :)


"Memaw and Me:September 2007"


Third, there are my aunts, Stephanie and Sharon. They gave me many fond memories growing up and have always supported me in everything I do. I can always count on them to have my back! And I always thought it was so cool to hear the cashiers say "Is she your daughter? She looks just like you!"


 "Stephanie (+Preslee), Me, and Sharon (a.k.a. Sissy): September 2007"
(They hosted one of my wedding showers)

There have been and continue to be other women in my life as well. I could not be more blessed to say that I have been reared in a Christian home and surrounded by Christian women. My prayer is that I can one day be the mother example that my mother and these women were for me!

Love you all!

Happy Mothers Day to ALL the mothers in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment