Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just another Monday...

Today started t-minus 9 weeks until the end of the school year... Should I be concerned that I have only been teaching since November and I'm already looking forward to Summer? Maybe, maybe not. I look forward to Summer because I am able to rest and relax, I am able to spend the entire two weeks my husband is home with him, without interruptions! I think that is the best part of my summers... spending time with my better half :)

We had to do a free write in my Reading class today and it was about Summer.... so I decided to write a little poem ...

Summer Time

Sweltering heat, mowing the yard
Caney lake, picnic, beach... 

hot dogs, ketchup, mustard, relish
4th of JULY, fireworks...

Hummingbirds, sweet red sugar
canoeing, swimming, ice cold lemonade...

my friend, my love
my better half, my Summer Time! 


So, it may not make since to most... it really doesn't make since to me... just wrote what I was thinking. 
9 more weeks until Summer Break! So, I'm singing the old ditty my dad would sing to us.... "Are you re-adY for the summ-ah? ... Are you READY for the summ-ah?"                                                                       

3 comments:

  1. Ben would laugh at your stick family....he asked me one day while we were out riding: What is with all these stick people on the back of cars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a "Ben question"... he thinks in a different world and that's quite alright :D

    ReplyDelete