Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In the FBC 'Boro Newsletter this week....

To everything there is a season, To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1


This letter will appear to our church family this week in the bi-weekly newsletter.....

Dear Church Family,
Allow me to share with you my story. When I was 7 years old attending a church in Clinton, MS I walked the aisle for the first time to profess my faith in Jesus as my Lord and savior. Never in my life would I have thought that God was preparing my heart then for the ministry to come. I first heard the call to ministry when I was a teenager.  I will never forget that Sunday when I felt the Holy Spirit leading me down the aisle to make it public to my previous church, in Gueydan, LA.  I knew I was going to serve in a ministry in some form in the years to come. It is an experience that one can only understand on a personal and spiritual level.
Over the past 19 years God has allowed me to work with children in some form or fashion. He still continues to allow me to work with them today as He has lead me into a profession that I get to see them 5 days a week, 9 months a year. He has also allowed me to serve the children of this awesome church family over the past year and a half (give or take a little).
During His ministry on earth Jesus took a time of 40 days in the desert. He was alone, he was fasting, and he was praying in preparation for His ministry. Many times God calls His servants to do the same.  It is at this time that God has called me to resign from the position as Children’s Minister here at FBC Winnsboro.  Through prayer and meditation Lance and I have decided this is the way God is leading our family. We ask that you keep us in your prayers as we continue to seek God’s will in our life.
Just like God stirred in my heart over 2 years ago to be open for a place to serve at First Baptist Winnsboro He is stirring in the heart of someone right now. It may be someone already in the church or it may be someone He is leading to join the church. Only He knows. Pray this person will step up and be a person of courage to take the place as leader over the children’s ministry here.
You are an amazing church family! We wish to continue to worship and fellowship with you on a weekly basis. We have grown to love you as our church family. You are our church family.
In Christ’s Love,
Becka Huff


 CentriKid 2010

Prairie Street Prowl 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment