Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And. Then. There. Were. THREE!

When I saw Ms. C's number pop up on my caller ID yesterday my heart fluttered. She's the one who called us about our first placement, so I hoped she was calling for another placement. She asked how things were going and if I had a moment to talk.

First let me explain the word respite. Respite is when a person who is a foster parent needs a break from their current children. They may have planned a vacation or special trip in which they were not expecting a couple of extra people joining them. They may also need time to just take a break.

So, in saying that we are going to provide respite next week (Monday through Sunday) for some fellow foster parents. We will have two extra children with us next week. We are EXCITED! We will have even more fun, because they are twins! I have always heard that twins are fun.

"Pretty in Pink" in pretty excited as well. She told Mr. Lance, after our trip to Aunt Betty's with all the cousins, that we needed to "get more kids". So, she will have her chance for a week.

God continues to bless us. I am overfilled with joy that we are getting to meet so many children through this opportunity and journey!

He gives the childless woman a household,
{making her}the joyful mother of children.
Hallelujah!
Psalm 113:9 (HCSB) 




No comments:

Post a Comment