Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tied Off


Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (Hebrews 13:2 NKJV)


There are days when I wonder where is God leading us next. And just like a child I also ask "Why?" Over a month ago we allowed a stranger, an angel into our home. We have shown her love and planted a seed which we may never see the fruits until our meeting place in heaven.

This angel is still here with us, but we don't know how much longer. There's a term Lance uses on the boat: "Tied off". This usually happens when they have come upon bad weather or rough winds. They have to shove into the nearest bank and wait it out. During this time him and I get to talk more often than other times, because, well, basically he's bored. Lol.

This thought came to me today. Maybe God gives us times in our lives to "tie off" to the nearest tree trunk or piling. During this time we should take the opportunity of being "bored" to talk to our heavenly father more frequently. I stumbled across this verse in Hebrews (see above) as I started a new devotional today focused towards foster care. I know I didn't stumble across it accidentally, but am "tied off" to it for the next 31 days. God continuously reveals and reminds me of why Lance and I are called to be foyer parents. I just need to take the time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment