Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Lance, Becka, & Kayla

Monday, July 16, 2012

Meet Joseph: Foster Dad

Tonight as I read from the devotional I recently started I was shown a new side to the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I never thought of it in this way, but it is amazing!

Take a moment to read Matthew 1: 20-24.

In these verses it tells how the angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream and told him to take Mary as his wife. The angel also told him how Jesus would be born and was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

Think about it... Joseph had not even taken Mary to be his wife and she was already "with child". He was taking on the role of loving, caring for, and helping to raise some one else's child, and God's child at that. I have never looked at Joseph in this way. Tonight I gained an even greater respect for the man Joseph chose to become. He did not have to take Mary as his wife. He chose to take a step of faith and follow God's plan. He chose to step outside of his cultural/religious norms.

In the devotional it quoted a foster dad stating that in four years he had seen 7 children come in and out of his home. He had taken the time to care for them and love them while they were in their care. He wondered if he had made a positive impact on their life, what they were doing, and what they would become. I wonder what Joseph was thinking as he saw Jesus dying on the cross? He had taken 33 years of his life and called himself Jesus' earthly father. He cared for someone else's child.

How many men are willing to do that? I'm not bragging on my husband (although in my eyes he is the best), but I am honored to be blessed with him in my life.


Just a midnight snack to chew on! I had to type it while it was fresh on the mind.


 Roasting marshmallows for s'mores

 Taking the training wheels off


I love him! 



(I am following a devo plan "Fostering Hope" from www.fosteringhopeproject.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment